car·i·ca·ture noun

a picture, description, etc., ludicrously exaggerating the peculiarities or defects of a person

ca·pri·cious·ness noun

A tendency to change one's mind without apparent or adequate motive.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Realities


Blogs. Not my favorite thing. As my roommate says, they are just censored journals. For me, the thoughts and emotions worth exploring through writing are frequently the ones inappropriate for a general audience. I gave up posting when I realized I preferred to keep my private thoughts just that.  The things I needed to write about were not meant for mass viewing and so although I continued to write, I refrained from publishing. I may seem willing to share the frivolous details and realities of my life but when it comes to the close things, the deeper introspective conversations I have with myself, I have always been guarded. I am not ready to share all of myself with the internet. I will probably never be, and that is how I like it. I suspect many share or understand this attitude. Privacy is something to be cherished and I am unwilling to relinquish mine with such a thoughtlessly easy action as clicking 'Publish.'

So why even tell you that. Well, I am going to try and find a balance, or simply redefine the blog's purpose. My family and friends back in the states have been requesting updates on my London life (study abroad, six weeks, film, any other questions?) and I am already tired of writing emails to different people and trying to keep it all straight.

I am reminded why I quit writing everyone while I was in Alaska. It was exhausting.

So I reactivated the blog, unpublished a few posts, and have decided it will become one of those activity update blogs with maybe a smattering of sharing my inadequate insight. Somethings I am comfortable posting, others I am not.

You get the idea.

Cait


No comments:

Post a Comment