car·i·ca·ture noun

a picture, description, etc., ludicrously exaggerating the peculiarities or defects of a person

ca·pri·cious·ness noun

A tendency to change one's mind without apparent or adequate motive.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Life Lessons - What a tree taught me

The other day I got stuck in a tree.
It was one of those trees that grows in weird shapes so you can basically walk up the first few feet before getting fancy. Looking at the base of the tree I thought,

"I can totally climb this tree, it'll be like walking. A battle I will conquer!"

Less than a minute later I was two feet off the ground with no hope of ascending any farther. Feeling defeated, I decided to get down. The problem was, I couldn't actually get down. Jumping was out of the question and I couldn't find any foot-holds to carefully step down. I still have no idea how I got up there to begin with.
Finally, after around ten minutes, I was out of the stupid tree. The process included a lot of sliding and hopping and was extremely undignified.

What most people would get from this experience: Think things through. Something may appear easy at the beginning but first looks can be deceiving. Know your limitations and understand what you are getting into.

What I got from this experience: In a few months, when I am all healed, I am going back to that park and I am going to climb that dang tree. No piece of foliage is going to get the best of me.


 Do you hear that tree? You better watch yourself, in this battle of Tree vs. Caitlin - I am taking you down.

For me, Lesson learned

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love this, Caitlin. You're kinda my hero. I love you!

    ReplyDelete