car·i·ca·ture noun

a picture, description, etc., ludicrously exaggerating the peculiarities or defects of a person

ca·pri·cious·ness noun

A tendency to change one's mind without apparent or adequate motive.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

25 cent summer

This is what I love about summer


Making and selling 25 cent cups of lemonade is the epitome of a childhood summer. Any life well lived needs to include this experience.

The other day, driving back from Orem I was in a low mood. For no reason at all I was feeling discouraged and a little depressed. The entire drive I was looking forward to stopping at a drive through and ordering the largest Dr. Pepper I could, always my solution to this situation. Nothing like a caffeine drink to zap some energy into my body.

Before I had the chance, I saw a little boy and girl around 10 years old waving and smiling as they tried to get cars to stop for a quick glass of lemonade. Being in a bad mood I fully intended to keep driving, but as I passed they looked so hopeful and lets be honest, the reminded me of myself eight years ago.

So I turned around. How could I not?

Having two choices, I got one of both and let them keep the change. As I drove away they blew kisses and yelled their thanks after me.

Turns out warm sour lemonade is better than a Dr. Pepper,

and its caffeine free.




2 comments:

  1. Oh Caitlin!!! This is beautiful! I miss you terribly!! When is the next time you can come over? We still need to have that girl party....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete